Dear diary, from Derick Snow February 02, 2015 at 01:26PM via FB

2-2-15 Poetics. I've been listening to some great music and poetry this week. Here we go! On the cusp of life, I want to know me. I want electricity; I desire spark. I want to run with The bugs. And armadillos And dig with the ants; Smell the trees and rain and Dream of the far away things that I hope to dance with. I am. I taste the future on my tongue. Sometimes I find the nourishment, Sometimes, starving in wait; And wait and become too patient. I look in my own heart and see the memory of desire: It still lingers, but my hands forget to reach out- Sometimes. Sometimes I find myself reaching out and Remember what the spark of life is all about. It's more than just being happy. It's about the lows and highs, The pain and the ecstasy of it. My soul knows I am here for a purpose; And yet I find myself forgetting the reason for life; The secret alludes me from time to time. I know I have to keep my eyes open and my heart soft. I know I have to seek out those I want to be like And be inspired by- I find myself too comfortable. I want to get dirty. I want to feel pain and the joy of a hard working day; I want to use my brain to look past the shadows of the everyday. The monarch who flew from ocean to ocean had to first leave the comfort of her cocoon. What am I? I am. I am something more than color and light and carbon; That; plus the secret, special dust of the dark. The space never ending, that's me. I am diamond, gold, copper and crystal incarnate. I am soul. I am paint and elemental by The Unknown. I am more than a heart beat or a song; or a poem; or a dance. I am undescribable in simple prose; a complicated flower fluttering beneath and above meadow and tree. I am as simple as a dream carelessly floating in the eye of God. I am.

by Derick Snow



February 02, 2015 at 01:26PM

from Facebook

via IFTTTfrom Facebook

Comments