Mahwwiage

It's been quite an amazing time for mister Derick. October was quite a fancy month. Big and little changes have never been so prolific as they have been recently. I acted, I vocalized, I adventured, I created; which is just about normal. I also got married, which is something that hardly ever happens to me. 

Let's talk about that, shall we?!

It's true! I have tied my little heartstrings to Samantha Snow, and it's a perfect fit. Our ceremony was delightfully small, with only the minister, two witnesses and a photographer joining in. On a perfectly warm October 21st, we married in a beautiful meadow under a tree.

We had been together for six and a half years, and we realized that a linking of our lives was absolutely a grand idea. We know each other, we play wonderfully together and we fit like a glove. I was ready for this. Samantha was all-in with me too! We love each other; we even like each other. Heck, we've been together longer than many married-and-divorced people have been.We are strong and we know how to keep loving, respecting and impressing each other. Also, Samantha Snow had a nice ring to it.

I can't say enough about how happy I was that we got married in this simple way with only a few months to plan. We kept it small, small, small. It was perfect.


My marvelous friend Jes Lenee' married Samantha and I that day. She used the magical internet a while back to become an ordained minister, and the ceremony was absolutely delightful. Samantha's sister Carrie attended the bride's wedding day approach, while our friend (and Jes' cuddly bear) Jordan captured the entire event with a video.

I didn't see Samantha until the ceremony, so Carrie and her stayed the night with her aunt, while I was a guest at Jes' little cottage in Sand Springs. Jes and Jordan offered me a tasty breakfast of eggs from her crazy chickens, ham some amazing tea, and little wonderful conversations. I had the morning to adventure a bit; then get ready in my fantastic-looking suit we found for me a few months back. I looked pretty darn nice.

Samantha had been preparing for this day for a while, and I'm glad everything worked out splendidly. Her hair was oh-so-fancy; her vintage-style dress was absolutely perfect; the photographers we found were an excellent choice; our little blue flourishes matched and that was as complicated as the wedding ever became. She was perfect.

Album (Click below to see many pictures!)

https://www.facebook.com/snoweyes/media_set?set=a.10203171621198584.555921886&type=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mUa4lajJZM
The VIDEO


Pics

https://www.facebook.com/snoweyes/media_set?set=a.10203171621198584.555921886&type=3

 Once upon a time, there was a little monkey named Derick. This little monkey (for various psychological reasons) was afraid of getting married. But then, lo and behold! One Summer's day, he realized fully, and wonderfully that getting married wasn't some stuffy set of ancient legal vows; but a promise of adventure and joy, challenge and living life in a beautiful, loving way more than I, er, this little monkey could find by himself. He wasn't afraid anymore.

All of a sudden, he realized just who he could get married to. The absolutely perfectly perfect Sambo Schmooshers. She had it all. Sparkle! Sass! Compassion! Sincerity! Beauty! Talent! Smarts! Dreams! And most of all, she held the most beautiful secret spark for life that perfectly matched that of the little, fluffy monkey Derick.

I am that little monkey. I will be your be your greatest little partner, companion, lover and friend. I gleefully share with you our new adventures, kisses, secrets, fears, a really great last name, love and life as I sincerely, effortlessly join my light, my secret spark with yours. I love you Sambo.

The...beginning.

Comments