Ancient gathering

Hello friendly shadows of the internet. I’m just letting you know I have finally put a place that I can update my works of art for sale and exhibition. My first online home is snoweyes.com. I’ve even added to my website to hold my painting gallery, which also holds an electronic press kit and a write-up for myself to interested souls.

I’m happy I can make my website how I see fit. That said, social sites like this one bring everyone to me. I use it to find the people I’d never connect to otherwise. The interesting, the cool, the hidden. I’m happy that Myspace exists. However...

I find Myspace to be a little bit...messy for anything besides simple messaging, maybe even massaging if I’m lucky! So I use Facebook. It’s clean from the beginning and even though people have too many applications, I find the place more user-friendly, faster and easier to update. So I invite you one and all to my little facebook.

The best thing about my facebook are my photo sections. I put all of my good stuff there, including...my paintings! I’ve tried to keep up with the works I’ve painted over the last few years and I’d love to sell some to people that are interested in my art and it’s meaning. Since last year I’ve been blessed to sell over 30 works and I am really excited and happy to exhibit my works in settings ranging from restaurants and coffee shops to full galleries.

I love it all, especially when I make a sale. I love talking with the buyer about why and how they found my paintings and what it means to them. I am a bit like a parent giving up a child, since many times I have vivid memories of each painting process. And I love hearing what a person sees in the painting. To hear their opinions is truly a reflection of themselves and sometimes the stories are so incredibly touching; they inspire the painting’s life to continue .. they pass from my hands.

When somebody asks me "what’s that supposed to be?" I know I am not talking to the right buyer...

I must admit to denying a few people from buying my paintings. Each deserves a proper home and since I do charge so little for my works I want a nice home for them. I once had a lady with very high negative stress try to buy one of my works. I could feel her character pushing hard against me and it was very hard to say no, my painting had the potential for better. I’m not a snob, but it is my choice. My main force is love and I think people need to love and feel love. Even objects need love. It’s not what I see that makes a person intrigued with a painting. It’s what’s in their mind’s eye that makes my painting important to them. I love that.

I sell to many interesting parties and I’m not in it for the money, obviously. Painting is my emotional release, my calm, my intensity, my subconscious all mixed with the sounds and emotions of others in the room I paint with in a live show.

Painting for me is an intense process and I hope you, and...you over there in the shadows of the internet discover something just right for you on my website, which has not only links to my paintings, but essays, poetry, photography and so much more than I offer on my Myspace.
xo
Snow

Comments