Return of Boy on X


Return of Boy on X
Originally uploaded by snoweyes.
...back to regular blogging.

So I've had just about the best, most varied week in a long time.

My brother got married! His wife Gina is great. Her father is just about the coolest dancer I've ever lived to see. I'm happy for them all.

I'm gearing up for another fantastic episode of Quick Draw Derick. I'm sure it will operate swimmingly.

I've been painting some really great stuff lately. I've returned to an earlier theme from the Boy on X, which immediately sold and I dare say I'm happier with this one. It's two 16x20 canvases, side-by-side. I painted it last Saturday night with Autumn Shade. That was our last show until the Netherlands trip in a few months. Jes is happy with how Tulsa has been and now it's time for some incredible journeys...in a few months.

So last Saturday I invited one of the musicians that opened for our group. His name is Dustin and he played some wonderful great music. He lives at a winery in Oregon and we had some great conversations about music, children's entertainment and he even played me a song. It is good to live such a life where I can have such influential people just 'come on by' for tea and music without being pretentiously artistic. Mind you, I'm artsty-fartsy but I know when to smile and just love. That's very important and I feel blessed for that.

I have been playing and getting much better on my accordion I got for my birthday last August. Right after I got it my back went out so I kind of avoided it but now I'm in tip-top shape and I love the deep sounds that you can bring forth with this Cruccianelli (the name of my accordion). I've got some melodies down and I'm just working on getting the rhythms down on the button side. It's great to go downtown and just play outside and belt out some tunes. I'm leaning toward learning the French version of accordion playing. It's very classy and light. See the movie, Amelie to understand. Yes?

...so back to my paintings. Since I've painted, what four very happy works in the last month I thought I'd update my paintings page. The truth is, I'm lazy about it but I've been uploading tons of stuff to my facebook because it's just so darn easy, so I created a 'wrapper' around what I already had. So when you click on my "ars" section on my website ( www.snoweyes.com ) you will find a nice new interface for finding my paintings via Facebook. I'm sure you learn to love it...While I was at it, I made an electronic press kit for myself, available on my painting "Ars" page. I also shuffled some links and spruced up the website. I didn't redesign anything really, but made it a bit easier to find what I want you to find :)

Acting has been good to me as well. I've been on fa few auditions in the last few weeks and I hope to hear some positive news about one of them. I hear my Q'doba ad is on to the regionals of the "ADDYS", which I wrote about in an earlier blog. I've been in a murder mystery last week, which I always enjoy doing, especially the 80's show, what with it's crazy English accent and ridiculous lines...

I've been hanging out with good friends, taking AMAZING photographs and hiking and playing and laughing and singing like an idiot! You can't ask for more than that.

I've just felt so inspired ever since I went to a little therapy thing a few weeks ago. I really feel much closer to myself than I have in a long time. I'm not perfect but I really feel real, for real. I feel like feeling I can do anything. And I can. And I will.

love,
Derick

Comments