Quick Egg Derick


Quick Egg Derick
Originally uploaded by snoweyes.
Here's an easter egg for my Facebook friends.

..Since I know my mom can't read this on my website, I'll tell you a crazy story.

So I was coming home from Downtown last Friday night. It was pretty late. There was hardly any traffic to speak of, save a car behind me.

As I drove and changed lanes, my subconscious kind of noticed that this car also changed lanes not too long after I did.

No big deal.

I went for my exit off of the highway.

So did they.

I made a right. So did they.

So I wasn't too worried or anything, but I like playing these little games if I think someone's after me. I make a left turn on a street that wasn't mine on a yellow, just to see if they would follow me....

They did. On a red...

I was a little concerned at this point, but I wanted to see what would happen, so I made a series of turns in a neighborhood, left, right, left...

I was being followed. At about two in the morning.

So I was still playing it a little safe, and slowly drove up to a stop sign, then I rolled through it. Of course they did the same. I was a little more worried because I didn't recognize the car. It could be someone just playing with me, or maybe who knows what else. I didn't want to find out!

So I ran another stop sign, passing some dude on a little scooter who honked at me for running the sign. Sorry man, I didn't mean to scare you if you are reading this!

I made it out onto 15th and decided to use my car in the way it was designed for.

I gunned it and started accelerating. So did they. But my car is in Gran Tourismo, suckers!

I gun it toward a red light and, seeing no one, blow through it, making it to, oh, around 90 in a 25. The car still hadn't made it to 60 behind me, so I used the hills of 15th as my camouflage. After two hills I was some distance away and made a nice little J-turn into a neighborhood and made a few more turns before turning off my car and sitting in a driveway for about ten minutes.

Honestly I was thrown off my game that night but I'm glad I kept my head on. I drove over, in a round-about way, to Quick Trip and hung out with some cops for a good fifteen more minutes and had a perfectly safe trip back. If I had to do it over again, I would have just made my way right to QT since there are police there nearly every time I drop by.

In other weird car stuff, I also managed to avoid a wreck on 51 just yesterday. Whenever anything like that happens I enter into slow-motion and I have such control over every little reflex. I pulled over and helped the wrecked cars, calling 911 and making sure no one was too injured. I feel blessed to be safe without being trapped in my home like everyone else. Thanks God!

peace

Comments