Livid


Livid
Originally uploaded by snoweyes.
I love IR photography, I'm teaching Jes the finer points. Note my shirt: the cloth in the human world is actually nearly as brown as the logo. My pants are the same color, the grass is usually green, and my hair is light brown. My skin tone is nearly the same!

My Pentax is remarkably IR sensitive, so good that I can often go hand-held, which happened in this shot, allowed by the steady-shot mode on-camera @ 1/20 sec. It's at 400 ISO, which on this camera, there is no grain.

I white-balanced to a very lit leaf with the filter on. Remarkably, my eyes can frame the shot with the filter in place. Jes isn't able to see very well, but my eyes can adjust to the darkness really quickly. It's all very interesting and beautiful pictures come from it!

Comments