Doing the la vida loca


Into The Shadows
Originally uploaded by snoweyes.

I've been puttering around the two states of Missouri and Okliahoma for the last few weeks. Jes went with her family to Branson and later in the week I followed.

While she was gone, I got to paint what you see above. It looks great up close and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

I left on a friday to go to Branson. I left after work and met up with Jes in our favorite Wilderness campground spot just before Sundown. We love going to Branson, mostly for the nature and Silver Dollar City. At SDC we have some neat musician friends who are also known as the Homestead Pickers. One of the Pickers' is named Mike, or Ezra as we call him. He was having a large get-together with hellraisers and holy-rollers at his farm. We ate great food and made some good friends.

Just before we left we met a couple named Bruce and Janelle who seemed really neat. They invited us to come over the next night and eat some great food and have a couple of peach drinks...it was so much fun! Even better, another Homestead Picker, Mr. Becker, lives right next to them!

When we got there, they showed us around the incredible house. It was built in the 1920's and it had been converted to a music venue for around 60 people. We played some music, talked about art and talked and talked. We left around midnight and retreated to out tent.

On the third of July, we were treated to a great fireworks show over table rock lake. We swam earlier and didn't know about it, but I left my necklace and we had to come back when we learned of it! We had great timing.

We came back on the fourth and before we got home, we were invited to yet another event: Don DeWolfe and his family were watching fireworks on their boat! I've never gotten to do something like that before and being out there on the water at night felt very natural. It was so enjoyable I could really see myself as an old crusty sea dog, so a not-so-crusty navigator or something :)

Man there are so many things we did this week I'm having trouble remembering it all.

Here's the short of it for the rest:

Jes, Fae, Captain, Bruce, Tabitha and the rest of some gang went down to Saffron for the Open Mic where I did what I call.... Interperative Shakespearean Dance. Actually Fae called it that. And so now do I. It was funny and I loved it all! Captain was a great poet. I felt like I was 'opening' for him. Bruce and everyone else were wonderful as well! I had a great time.

We went house shopping with Brian. Yay!

I'm in the Drunkard as an emergency Willie tonight!

I'm also knee-deep in the recording and mixing for Jes' new album. I've got lots of new material down, and we've purchased a great audio input for ease of use. It's making things easier and very great sounding! It sure beats the old four track we recorded the last album on! You just wait to be blown away. I am currently being blown away.



Gotta go, have fun!

Comments