Hey, its Scientology


I have an issue I'm thinking about today. Groups taking advantage of optimism and using it against us.

I almost got into Quixtar (Amway). If you don't know Quixtar, I'd be pretty surprised by know as I have seen so many people trying to convince others to "get in while the getting's good". There's just something we love about being in some powerful mass of believers. Why? I didn't know at the time, but now I realize that it was really easy to take advantage of people who want to succeed, people who like positive feedback. People to want to believe in something that their friends believe in. We believed so much that we started saying things we were ''taught," we didn't bother to check out the information with a rational mind becase we didn't want to taint that feeling of doing something great. I almost got sucked into it myself a few months ago and it's a nerve close to my heart. But I'll talk about that in greater detail another day.

Today I was actually reminded of that feeling when I read about everyone's favorite...It's quite close to that of someone on Amway. It's all a pyramid scheme.

I am a sane, rational person. I also have an interest in knowing about the different religions and beliefs 'round the world. And these thoughts tend to ebb and flow, rise and fall. Today, I happened across some information about one that pops in front of me from time to time. I'm talking about Scientology.

There's a reason why Scientologists don't like psyochology. Because if those new followers can see what is really going on, then they would freak out and run away! It's the concept of the carrot on a stick. They lead you on with just a little information with some success, eventually leading you to a hefty amount of debt and cultish service.


I had my first taste of it while in LA. I didn't partake, but I saw one of their opulent churches in the downtown area. When I say it was nice looking, I mean gigantic, gold statues and huge arches over the world, man. In front of this church (right next to the Lebrea Tar Pits) was a sign that talked about a free movie to watch. I saw two or three excited youngsters out front ready to help out with new attendees.

I never bothered to go down there and check it out. And boy, am I glad. But still, the thought of schientology floats around my head. No, not because I think it might be cool. I think of it mostly because of how the human psyche manages to convince our brains that something like this could even be close to reality! It's nutters, man!



I'll start off with a few places for you to see on your journey to understanding the mind of a scientologist.

Here's a history of scientology.

When I read the concepts for the first time, I came to realize the folly of the religion. It was founded by a sci-fi author who (before founding) said that it would be smart to make up a religion because he could make so much more money.


http://static.flickr.com/22/24807257_1bb6ce8dd6_m_d.jpg
Here's a very good rundown of it on wikipedia.

I had such fun looking up this stuff. Here's more links...

Scientology Parody

The Onion

Here's a South Park Episode about it!

I'll finish with one more thing...Check this out:


What you are seeing are symbols in northern New Mexico that mark a Church of Scientology vault built in a mountainside. The facility contains founder L. Ron Hubbard's writings etched into stainless steel tablets that are stored in titanium capsules.

What's really fun is that I may be sued just for talking bad about it. It's been done before. Adios!

Comments