Dusk in Tulsa


Dusk in Tulsa
Originally uploaded by studiosound.

Well, in the grand sceme of things, this weekend turned out pretty well.

I got to create a painting, we got to go camping, and we got to visit thy Rennaissance Faire for free...



Jes and I had free tickets for the Ren. Fair this weekend, so we wanted to make an adventure out of it. We packed up and attempted to go on Saturday, but the rains prevented us from really getting to enjoy the outside too much. So we made a little road trip out of it.



We travelled down to Gore Oklahoma and drove around the scenic green country area not too far from one of my childhood homes. In Gore, we found a rather patriotic place..USA Cafe? I forget. Ah! Old Glory Cafe. When I was a child, it once was called Pirate's Cove. Now it's Red White and Blue! It seemed like a fun place to eat, so we went in and had a HAMburger. But the kicker was the owner was an Australian! How ironic and funny! We talked for a good hour to the owner and his wife. Great place. When we were leaving an older man came in and made fun of his shorts and sandals, followed up by a laugh that was ripped right from the old fogeys from the Muppets Tonight show! I loved it.



We camped and got wet from all the rain and had such a great time at the Ren Fair in Muskogee. It runs for the rest of the month and I say you should go!

One of my favorite groups was called Barely Balanced. They had fire eating, they had juggling, they had balance, they had a great time!

( www.barelybalanced.com )

*edit*I misspleleldl the group! Sorry.


Well, I've got to go get an oil change. Salut!

Comments