I have a silly device for reading that works!

/

I bought a Gameboy SP and a wierd little device called GBA Movie Advance Player I got at a chinese website, lik-sang.com for about 25 bucks. This thing is quite a diverse little unit. It’s got a music player, a movie player, an image viewer, a famicom emulator…but that’s not all!

The coolest feature by far is the e-book program. You can hook up a compact flash card to the cartridge and you can upload any text file and it’ll save your bookmark so you can read on the go with a device that can fit in any pocket. I think a great thing is it allows you to travel very light. I have about 60 books on it right now, all in a tiny pocket in my bag!

You can find text versions of books at http://www.gutenberg.org/ and read and read until your brain is saturated with the works of every major author you wish to absorb!

I take it with me everywhere. The gameboy has hours of power so I actually once hopped a Greyhound bus from Oklahoma to Los Angeles (a thirty hour trip!) and read so many books. I feel it saved my life :)

I now find myself reading at least thirty minutes everyday; when I get a break during lunch I read outside, when I am going to bed, even in the little boy’s room :) I’m absolutely happy with my book reader. I suggest you go out and get one for yourself!

Comments