Many, many bits of info...

(if you already got this, sorry 'bout that!)
Hello, dear ones. I'm back on the internet with a slew of tales for you.

First off, before anything else, Jes is playing a nice, fat gig at the Hive TONIGHT! That's Autumn Shade (autumn-shade.com) for you not in the know. The band tonight will consist of a piano, cello (!), guitar and a massive cannon-of-a-drum. It'll be awesome!

10:30p.m. is the time!
216 N Elgin is the address...
Here's a map (google.com). Go there and support an artist.

Oh and yes, I'll be painting a massive bit of art during her performance as well. So yay!
This will, of course happen right after my good Captain's Blue November Micro Film Fest (blue-november.com), happening at the OSU Tulsa auditorium. (7p.m., 700 N. Greenwood, easy access off of I-244). I'll be going to see that, then I'll be painting with Jes' fine music! A note: Be sure to grab free tickets to the concert from the film fest. Otherwise there'll be a $5 cover!

As you can see in the picture above, I went to an oral surgeon. I got all of my wisdom teeth cut out, so all in all it went really well. I made a movie of the first moments in the new world without as much wisdom!
Click here to watch 'Dericks-Wisdom' (putfile.com)

A few days later and I feel nearly perfect. I also got to go trick or treating and got mad stashes of candy which I probably shouldn't eat. Probably. On Halloween Jes and I went out to the pumpkin patch and found a weird little green speckled one and made a carving out of it. Good fun it was!

In other news, I found out recently that I had no credit rating whatsoever. Not good, not bad, just nothing. So I did something about it. I went down to the Tulsa Teacher's Credit Union and they helped me out with a loan that I'll be paying back. 8.4% interest, $25 a month for 36 months. Not too shabby, I'll pay it off much more quickly than that but it's a nice start to credit and all that crap!

What did I get with the loan? I got a laptop! a very nice one at that (Best Buy.com). Wireless internet, 100gigs, dvd burner for my movie fun. Heckuvalot of fun that I'll use for years to come.

...And of course, the day after I buy the computer, my Maxima's fuel pump decides to finally go nuts and I've gotta fix that. For now I'm in my mommy's car. It's not that huge of an issue though, so I'll be glad to drive it again! Now that I've got actual cash flow these days, I can afford to fix my car! What a strange feeling.

Well, I think that's about it for now! Have a great weekend, I hope to see you at the film fest!

Comments

Snoweyes said…
yea rss feeds are fun! I found that I can feed both this blog and the yahoo groups I have to me. Nifty....