...Along the way of life


a dream
Originally uploaded by studiosound.

I've found out alot of things about myself lately. One, I love art. Two, I love people. Three, I am feeling strange right now!

Why the strangeness?
Well, On Friday I had a big problem with my wizdom teeth. My bottom-right one decided to expose itself to the world in the form of extreme pain! I had a dentist's appointment friday morning and now, after a day, I'm feelin' fine on the special pills the fancy lady gave to me.

I'm feeling groovy, and I was in the Drunkard like this!!! I just wanted to see if I could write something worthwhile in this crazy mode like other artists' that can only write or paint on some kind of silly drug. It's some kind of ibuprophen and a narcotic. No way I can operate heavy machinery like this! Thank goodness I'm not a fork-lift operator.

Anyway, I'm probably going to get some kind of oral surgery to get rid of my bad teeth this week. Hopefully. I don't like feeling so funky all the time and I like feeling fresh and energized. Not so mellow, please.

I've got a chance to put some of my paintings in a new gallery this week. Cool!

I've also been invited to act in another indy movie from a fellow at the Spotlight. I simply can't believe I got through the play tonight!

What else......I've got great news....Jes is back in town for at least a few months and we're a nice kissy couple once again in each other's company. This I like!

The photo you see is on location at the State fair a little while back. I loved the lighting situation I got. I was also working that day in a project of my friend, Captain Adam Chambers. He made a cool Super-8 film with me and Brett Mix and himself.

I finally got an office and actual furniture to go with it! I like the place and can't wait to make new waves of positive growth at the TV Sation that I work in, as I'm the Photojournalist/Programming Director in the place.

I'm hoping to paint again at Gypsy next Tuesday. Come on down and watch a new painting form.

A little bird tells me that my favorite band, Autumn Shade will be performing that night as well with a full band, including Guitar, Drums, Cello, and Singer Jes Lenee! I can't wait for that!

A story for the day! Jes and I were driving around, when I decided to drive around at the Memorial Cemetary on 51st. I hasn't been there in a while. It's nice to walk around in such a peaceful place. Anyway, I took some random turns, not watching for anything imparticular, then I said, I think I'll stop here. I kid you not, I stopped, got out and Jes looked at me and said, "are you kidding? Were you watching where you are?"

I looked at her quizzically, and looked at the site of the name I stopped. It was the SNOW family plot! This is not a related family to me. Just a little sign of some kind, right? So I got out and sat on the marble benches on the Snow lot and pondered the world. There was also a D. Snow buried there. Crazy incredibly ironic stuff.

I'm super exausted and groggy so off I go to sleepy. I'm goin' to Oktoberfest tomorrow methinks!

Adios-- Derick Snow, still alive and kicking!

Comments