just a happy thought


just a happy thought
Originally uploaded by studiosound.

Eyes burn with joy
lungs coughing glee
performance and inspiration
zero condemnation
my determination
pulling me toward the edge
edge of flight
edge of the bright light
where i want to be
that's all of me
gypsy on tuesday
for once just
great!

I ran into so many friends today! I've been trying to kick myself into gear and this day had great potential for me. I ran into a great friend of my youth, Shawna Mott! We were on "Tulsa School Life" together, as well as friends in High School and some fo college. She's actually a teacher at TPS now, and is going to be the new Drama instructor at Nathan Hale! She has a lovely two-month old child and husband. I'm very glad to have seen her doing so well.

Later, after work I went to the Gypsy just for kicks and got so inspired by the poets. I also ran into an old friend, Claire (I was in Wizard of Oz with her!!) and her fiancee. She was trying to get into the MC position at Gypsy fo rthe open mic. She was lots of fun and we and a few others talked about going down to OKC to check out a favorite slam poetry venue there. I also met a really cool dude and we talked about the importance of God and the things that drive us to better places. During the night I went up and went on about the acting scene in LA and performed some Shakespeare as performaed by Golemn.

All in all 'twas a simply wonderful time that was well worth the hacking voice I developed from what I call Gypsy Air. Just one second in the Gypsy and you will reek of ashes and smoke all night!

Comments