From This Month


From this month
Originally uploaded by studiosound.

I've been taking lots and lots of photos, and painting a bit more.

This photo was taken in the middle of the night. I found TWO TICKS on me, so after that fun it was about two in the morning. By that point I was hardly sleepy so I felt compelled to take out my camera and take some experimental photography.

This photo was achieved with a half-second shutter speed, and a powerful-yet-tiny LCD flashlight, with me strobing the bulb by hand during the shot. The effect made the light swath much larger than what the light could produce. Later I gave the image a sepia tone which helped to create a unified feeling that creates a very old, noir-esque mood.

I also decided to upload some more pictures from the last month onto the flickr site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adventureartist/

I've got lots of new images to peruse, please do.

I've also been working on a music page for Jes' Autumn-Shade.com. Thanks to Download.com we can present a few songs from her Lo-Fi EP, Grandfather's Attic. It's going to be up and online a little later this week, so come on down in a few days to look at what the music of Autumn Shade sounds like!
Go there this weekend:
http://www.download.com/autumnshade

I'm in the Drunkard this weekend as Willie Hammond, and before that I'm going to be a total nerd and go watch Star Wars. yay!

Yes, I was a big nerd back in the old days. I've seen every old Star Trek Episode, Next Generation...heck, I even programmed an AWESOME game for the TRS-80 Color Computer 3! Complete with music, graphics, crap storyline, joystick control, etc. I hope to someday find a way to transfer my old games onto an emulator, then I can live in my past forever! :p

I'll be waiting for Jes to return from Branson, with my paint and eyebrows to keep me company. Tata!

Comments