The story so far...

I've had quite a few events that last happened here in Tulsa.

I hadn't written much at all in the last few months, so I'll attempt get up to date!

I've been in the Drunkard all last month, mostly as Frank, with bits of Willie throughout February. I hadn't performed in nearly a year between my last performances and now. While at the theatre I found that a fair number were going to an improv group on Tuesdays at Heller Theatre, so I went on down and played with the group.

During the week of Valentine's Day Jes and I went down to Arkansas to perform as Dora The Explorer. Let me explain! Linda Layman (my talent agency in Town) had called to see if I was still available to play characters in department stores. Seeing as how I once played SpongeBob Squarepants and am the right height to keep the kids from being frightened, that would be easy. Jes was actually the first to be called to play Dora at one Wal-Butt (name changed to keep them innocent) in Arkansas, and Don thought to call me as we are together alot. So, I said 'sure' and we both played Dora the Explorer about five miles apart from each other. It's very interesting playing a giant muppet, especially a girl version of a muppet. That Dora outfit was definitely made for a woman to be in. It had this giant plastic clasp right in the center of a strap meant to keep Dora's head in place. The clasp also fell exactly where my Adam's apple is, so I was forced to contort my throat in such a way as to not choke. By the end of it, my neck ached from pushing my head forward and my apple was bruised badly! Now I'll just say that all types of people came up to me, mostly children and mothers. But there was the occasional older fellow that kind of gave me the heebie-jeebies when they asked to hug me. I kept getting the urge to say, 'I'm a man, man!' in a raspy-low voice, but I kept in character and I finished the gig.

Being Dora for us both afforded us the luxury to be in a favorite destination of ours, Arkansas. The gig payed for gas and alot more! One of my favorite things lately is an old abandoned place that used to be called Dogpatch, USA. It's basically 870 acres of overgrown buildings, a fish hatchery, a ghost Zoo, a railroad that stretched around, and one extra-large Arkansas Razorback. Seeing such ancient history is akin to finding ancient Incan ruins in my mind, so this was a great time for me. Unfortunately, we didn't bring a stinkin' flashlight, so we couldn't stay long.

So we went elsewhere in Arkansas. We found some hiking trails and made out way across streams that were crystal clear and incredibly beautiful. We also got to visit Eureka Springs! I love Eureka Springs. It's a very artistic community built around the tourist industry, sprinkled heavily with a million churches willing to Marry and couple that finds their way their. They also offer rooms with Jakuzis in nearly every hotel ;)

That was a few weeks back. Last week I got yet another gig thru Linda Layman as an oil Jockey. I had the pleasure of attempting to convince old worn out folks that their oil that they've been using for the last twenty years just wasn't good enough and my new line of fine oils was the new ticket. HA! Good luck with that! "I've been using INSERT NAME for thirty years and I know everything about oil, little sonny!" Actually I was pretty convincing and made a convert out of a fair few people claiming to know it all.

Right after the gig Jes and I went off gallivanting to the Ouachita National Forest, four hours south of Tulsa and right near the border with Arkansas to work trial maintenance with the Oklahoma Outdooor Club. We got a ride right from my work and were treated to hard work, free tent sites, good company and a great time on a beauteous weekend! We got the whole shebang, marshmallows by the campfire, a hearty breakfast, we even sang songs from Oh, brother, Where Art Thou! Of course we worked hard as well. We cleared out trails in need of maintenance, cutting trees and briar patches out, and fixing washed out trails with lots of rocks.

Oh yes, I also decided to audition for a play at the Spotlight Children's Theatre. It's C.S. Lewis' The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. If you are familiar with the book, I'll be playing Peter. Jes also auditioned on a whim, and of course she got a part as my sister! I'll make sure to kiss her on stage and confuse everyone in attendance.

Recently I've been a big fan of CDBaby.com because it's the home of so many incredible artists and has reasonably-priced albums for my perusal. And with a birthday coming up, it sure didn't hurt to visit. Nearly every album is available to listen to so I can get a feel for each band.

I've finally decided to give up on trying to remedy the problems with my website, d-snow.com. No use trying it, Register.com has seized it and no matter how many times I give new information or Fax again and again, it's always something. So I'll have to register another name. Any ideas? I've got a few, but it's going to be at least a week until that happens.

Is that enough or what?! I'm definitely satisfied with what's been happening lately. I've actually got a lot of good pictures of everything I've gone through but they are at Jes' house so I'll put the up as soon as I can.

Until next time!

Comments