I'm working on my website...

I'm working on my website...

I've been figuring out new colors and themes and such to match the feel of the name SnowEyes.com, and I am still working on it.

During my work, I've been looking around for good free web services out there, and I thought I would be a nice person and share what I found. These seem to be great!

For web space, I found a place called http://www.atspace.com and I like what I see. No banners, good uptime, and relative ease of use for uploading what I have already created. Cons: limited upload size at 200KB, which isn't terrible if you only use the space for small web images and HTML.

What about easy use of what I'm doing right now, also called blogging? Google has the best solution so far. www.blogger.com is the site. go forth and frolic.

So what do I do about the bigger images and audio files I want to share?
well, that's easy, I found http://fastuploads.com/, a no-frills , no login, easy download, easy upload service. So simple it's devious. Files can be up to 3MB, big enough for me on any one file. I also have another server I can use but I plan on keeping everything tidy this web site go around...
also, for the best image uploads, I use www.flickr.com, I'ts wickedly powerful and has loads of space for me to use.

For redirecting my website, www.snoweyes.com, I use a site called zoneedit. (www.zoneedit.com) It's easy enough, sometimes a little cryptic, but It allows for free web(DNS) and email forwarding to anything out there. I can have mrpoo@snoweyes.com forward to my real e-mail! Go ahead and try if you must. I can block bad emails using my gmail, though.

Speaking of free email, I use yahoo mail in conjunction with gmail. www.Yahoo.com has the email and a few features I like, like notes and calendar from any PC, and www.google.com has the new gmail feature i am learning to enjoy.

To edit my site, I'm using good ol fashioned notepad, in conjunction with Dreamweaver, JASC Paint Shop Pro, and OpenOffice.org's product.

If you want a great freebie image editor, I must tell you to goto www.picasa.com and get their free product. So powerful and simple and FREE. I uploaded all of my trip pictures from LA when I had my camera, and the images looked 1000 times better when I was done clicking a few buttons in Picasa. I'll finish up by saying most of the best free stuff has come from Google.com so far. They are geniuses and I love them! I will marry them tonight!

So you want to see a preview of my www.snoweyes.com?

http://snoweyes.atspace.com/index.html

As you can see it's got work to be done, but so far I'm having fun with all the doohickeys the Internet still offers up for free if you look!

Anyway, I'm going to a backpacker's club meeting tonight, hopefully I win a door prize!

Tataa!

Comments