Introspective Painter

UTW PhotosI painted a picture tonight after finding am artist’s supply store in my neighborhood. What does it mean to be a painter and how do I keep my craft; the artistic side of my heart while appeasing to outside forces that people call the real world. I’ll upload a photo later of my work so far and I’ll hopefully finish the work this week. He looks like a hopeful fellow in a square world.

I love adding flourishes to the work as I finish a painting but I have to ride the line of going too far. I’ve done it many times but have the tenacity to sit down and keep working until I’m done, whatever that means! I can sit on a painting for months and months before I finish one, or I can paint an entire work in an hour. When you paint (or whatever you create) how do you know when you are finished?

Comments