Spider MAN


Quick Draw Derick
Originally uploaded by snoweyes.
Before my little story, here's a nice picture from Quick Draw Derick. I put the show up on the IMDB (internet movie database) so all the good folks who worked on it will finally get some shmancy credit!

And now, a story.

So last weekend I made it to bed. Saturday night.

I fall asleep in the darkness, thinking lightly of art and the world...I am asleep.

Something goes wrong.

In my dead sleep my eyes flash open to see a HUGE TARANTULA on the top of the futon I was sleeping on. My body lurches and every ounce of adrenalin pumps through my sleepy veins.

It’s dark. I don’t have my contacts in. I run for the lights and flip them on, looking frantically for the spider.

Nothing.

I turn every sheet, pillow, mattress looking for that damn spider beast.

Still nothing. Was I hallucinating? A waking dream? Must’ve been.

I go back to sleep, and I sleep hard. I begin to have a dream about flying over trees and forests, streams and sunsets. It is beautiful. I am pulled from all of this.

Guess what happens.

My eyes open to see another huge spider! Just to the left of the futon! My heart lurches and I leap from bed. What the heck is going on?! I turn on every light and search long and hard, leaving no fleck of fluff unturned.

Nothing. I must be going crazy. Batty. I’ve never been so crazy in my sleep.

I go back to sleep and have a sleep that’s extremely deep and I wake up late Sunday. I stretch, take in the fresh light from outside, throw some clothes on and gracefully slip off to the lavoratory. I feel pretty good, considering the night. But my eyebrow feels funny. I wander over to the mirror and begin washing my hands, looking blurrily into the mirror.

Something’s not right.

Right between my eyebrows is a big red blotch.

A spider bite.

The spider must’ve been on my eyebrow. That probably explains for the size. It must’ve crawled up into my hair, which explains my lack of proof of any spider.

Something happened, but I never found any spider. I hope this week I can at the very least climb a wall or shoot webs.

Comments