Acting! Thank you!


olden goldie
Originally uploaded by snoweyes.
A friend sent this question to me today. Here's my thoughts on the thing I love most, the acting life.


1. What got you into theatre?

I did some stuff in elementary school, but I really began my trip into acting during something called the Summer Arts program in middle school. i was a troubled youth and this began a way into a good direction!

2. What is your favorite thing about theatre?
The performance, the emotional release from being a character. Secondarily, having to sometimes change in front of girls and vice-versa :) Being an actor, primarily in theatre it may be surprising to know I'm NOT gay.

3. What is the worst thing about theatre?
Politics. People always ask me to join some board or something or other and always I see feuds forming against some person or idea. I've seen too many wonderful people kicked out of acting in a venue just because someone is power-crazy and jealous.


4. Tell me about your favorite moment doing a show.
My last one. 'Tis my release. I love doing Shakespeare because it' probably the most intense you can get without getting arrested.

5. Do you have a favorite role you have played? Tell me about it.
The best role ever played was probably my first in a non-school play. My first ever line was, "Psychosubtransdistricated!". I was supposed to share the line with some other kid, but he forgot the line. IT WAS ALL MINE! HAHAH

6. Do you enjoy auditioning? Why?

Yes, I love to audition. I do now anyway. I used to be meek, but I got over that really fast.

I actually just auditioned today for a shot on TBN. My agent sent me five scripts revolving around Jesus, with three of them only having lines from the Son of God himself. So all day I was using the mantra "I am Jesus, I am Jesus,.." to try and become him as best as a silly boy like me could. Well, when I got there, they asked me if the knew what role I was auditioning for. I said, "yea...um, Jesus?" in my mind and I knew that by the looks on their faces that couldn't be right. So I said that I was given all of the scripts, but could do whatever they threw at me.

They said, "You are auditioning for the cripple guy."

AHA!

I pretended that, of course I was auditioning for that and put all of myself into it. Fortunately I had done work with these people before and they actually asked my agent if I would personally audition, so I really did have fun. The key is to try to be yourself as much as possible and go crazy whenever necessary! Let go of your self and just be the raw you. BE THE CRIPPLE GUY.

Acting is my water. Painting is my food. Love is my house. You are my friends.

Comments