Contrasts and good times.

Autumn photoSo
life is always interesting. One day, it smacks you in the face and
reminds you how you hate being in a place, the next day the polar
oppisite occurs!

Yesterday Jes and I went to play the after
party for the Blue November Film Fest. Unfortunately the crowd at the
venue, Vintage 1760 wasn't exactly willing to shut their drunk mouths
during any of our music. Jes was incredible, however. Too bad most of
the people were typical Tulsans, not caring about art. We had a sound
system, yet the patron found a way to yell louder and louder throughout
the event, creating a nice roar inside the place. It sucked! However!

Later
that night a nice guy I went to High School with, Wolf, talked to me
and recognized me, even talking about my recent art, and how much he
enjoyed it! Also, Jes met a nice fellow from groovesalad.com, and he
talked about how he would like to put Jes' music on the radio. So in my
mind, all was redeemed by that opportunity to have people actually
interested and willing to listen to good music.

The next day
(today), Jes and I went to a place our friend Jay had told us about the
night before. Garden Deva. 3rd and Utica. Oh my how wonderful it all
was! We ran into many of our friends..Ritch Bentz, Jay, tons of awesome
musicians and artisans; even Susan and her wonderful family found her
way there! I even ran into Josh Massad, the drummer I helped out month
ago with the passport...remember? Anyway, we talked and made so many
incredible contacts with people we need in Tulsa. ARTISTS IN TULSA. It
reminds me of what is unique about Tulsa and it simply blew my mind. It
felt like I was whisked away to Eureka Springs for an art festival It
was certainly one of the most inspiring art gathering I've ever been
to. The best part is how everyone felt like family to everyone else.
I'm glad I moved to this area! Woo!

I've got tons of other stories but I'll try to get to that later. We've got another gig at the Tulsa Peace House tonight.

Good day!

Comments