A full day


A full day
Originally uploaded by studiosound.

Today:

I am an artist and an artist who is completely wrapped up in my craft. Too much? Up for debate, but I sure am doing what I've been put here on earth for. I'm currently in The Drunkard tonight, yesterday I was privelaged to paint with Autumn Shade, a sublimely massive painting that was so stinking big it wouldn't even fit in my car once I was done with it. How'd I get the canvas in there in the first place? I have no idea! Last night Jes and the band played a great set that really helped my live painting. If you missed it, you really missed something special! Jes started the day with some wicked awful sinus congestion but got to the performance in top form! She played some of my favorites and really sounded nice. Wes Played Drums and invited me out for some kind of a neat 24 hour film-making thingy, we'll see how I can pull that off. My friend Dana was incredibly kind to bring a PA system and everything last night worked without a hitch! Tons of our friends and family showed u
p and we had a good time.

I had to go home early myself, since I had to wake up at 3:00 in THE MORNING.

So stinkin' early, but for a good cause! I was asked to play a part in my friend Captain's film, Solid. We had to wake up and get all the way to Red Rock Canyon in Henton, Oklahoma for a sunrise shot. I managed to actually woke up this morning and got to Cap n' Fae's round 4. They just so happen to have a security gate and I had to dial their apartment number. No problem there. The phone rings...and their voice mail comes on. No one buzzes me through. I try again, and again for the next, oh, about five minutes. I think. Maybe I can drive past their apt, but no one sees me. So I stop and get out of my car and look at thier gate. Ah bugger all and I jump up like Spider-Man and hop right on over.

So Fae, Captain Adam Brett Mix and I head down and had a nice, cold, windy film day. Things went smashingly, even though Brett failed to get any sleep last night and crashed in the midst of the shoot. For every problem, an opportunity! I get to run camera, since I am a photojournalist and all. I even got to take a little time and climbed a rock cliff in my dress shoes!

We drove back, making a wee pit stop in OKC for some gifts for Fae's family...

I later got to meet and play a little with sinus-y Jes and we ate some fine LA Rolls from Memories of Japan. It was a short time, for then I had to play in the Drunkard! It was a fine performance and had many nice and uplifting things said about my...interesting take on Frank Slade, a character in the play that I portray from time to time. Good times!

Well, now I'm about to pass out. Goodnight!

Comments