My moon in the ocean


My moon in the ocean
Originally uploaded by studiosound.

I'm trying something a little different with the next few paintings I'll be making, focusing more on the powerful effects of water. Oil is such a beast to deal with. So stressful to try and manage, but it's still fun. I love the practice. This is actually the first painting in quite a few months, so I'm happy to have cranked something out.

I've got other paintings in my room for sale, I'll try and remember to show some online.

This painting won't be done for about 4 months, so unless you want a wet painting, I'd suggest some of my earlier works if you're interested...

I had a dream Jes and I were working on a Chronicles of Narnia movie. Good thing there's actually one about to be released, because my version was pretty low-budget in my dream!

Well, I'm high, thanks to my turpentine paint thinnerds;klsd, so It's late so I'm off to dreamland xkjzlszf

-Derick Snow

Comments