Dear diary, from Derick Snow December 14, 2014 at 06:23PM via FB

Well, I did it. I have Obamacare for 2015. I searched, compared numbers, looked up doctors and plans for a week. Final plan tally: Deductible - 0 Out of Pocket - 500 Generic drugs - 0 Doc visits - 20 Health Screenings and Immunizations - 0 Fancy math and financial help brings my premium for both my wife and I to... Under $60 per month. For two people. That's an amazing price. Three years ago, I went for insurance through my work with my (now wife) as my partner. It was about 200 per paycheck for the jankiest, lowest-tier stuff and about 80 biweekly just for myself and a company clinic. This year both my wife and I transitioned to entirely contract work and I was a bit worried I would get left behind when it came to insurance. Now, I have actual, useful coverage at a price our cost of living can actually afford. The Affordable Healthcare Act might not affect everyone the way it has me, but this has been a very, very positive experience. Nothing sarcastic about this right now... Thanks Barack Obama! #thanksobama #obamacare

by Derick Snow



December 14, 2014 at 06:23PM

from Facebook

via IFTTTfrom Facebook

Comments