Art and Magic

Pictures3-1It's good to be back in the art scene, Tulsa. I'm putting on two art shows next week.

The first; opening at Heller Theatre will last for ONE HOUR before the show (6:30-7:30) on Friday the 28th. The works will be featured during the run of their show. Amazing surreal photographs by Samantha Woodruff will also be featured as well paintings I've made in Tulsa to live bands will be on display and for sale. This will be a night of culture, magic mixed with the performing arts.

Heller Theatre will hold an Artist Reception on the Opening Night Performance of "A Delicate Balance" on January 28, 2011. Join us from 6:30-7:30pm in the lobby at the Henthorne PAC for an opportunity to talk to the artists, view their work, and enjoy beverages and snacks!

Henthorne Park is just East of Peoria and 46th Street, on the side of Egg Roll Express!
You can See the Press release here:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php?note_id=145100595548875&id=80428803202

And event details here:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=135504673181009

The second night of art magic will be at the unveiling of a new art venue  called The Art House.

I'm happy to help open the new venue for artists, The Art House on Saturday, January 29th.

The Art House
3018 E. 15th St
Event Details on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=188434407851903

It's right next to Cheap Thrills Vintage, on the same strip as Tulsa Scooters.

This will be the second show this year for me, one day after the show at Heller Theatre. This show will have a very unique feel, with a brand new space, new music, and my new art-including a beautiful guitar I'm painting as I write. I'm excited to show you some of my new works painted in Branson and Los Angeles, as well as paintings made live from Tulsa Band Brother Rabbit since returning to Tulsa.

There will be live music, with Brother Rabbit performing as I paint LIVE to the music of the night around 9. It will be amazing and so much NEW art will be seen. I wanted the second show this week to show how I make my art, including many large, new works I've made in the last year.

I've got some great bargains from my older works and I've absolutely got something affordable for everyone!

So Saturday night or Friday, come out and experience Tulsa's amazing art scenes with the Urban Tulsa's 2008 artist of the year. I can't wait to see you!

Comments