Some poetry, by Snow

I wrote this poetry and submitted it to a contest I found out about when I visited the Tulsa Library a week or so ago. I don't think I'll find out if I've won until April, so let's just enjoy some poetry while we all can. I've put Tonight up before, but please enjoy Whatever Tree and For the Ghost Children. I actually illustrated Whatever Tree, I'll try to get that version up sometime soon :)

I've got my Mardigras beads on today. Oh, and I'm about to go vote on this Fat Tuesday. Remember, just because a person speaks well doesn't mean he or she isn't trying to fool you. Choose wisely!
love, snow

And now, poetry:



Tonight



He walked to the edge of the wood
His feet hastened but steady
In gleaming shadow of mood
There lit beyond lengthy vine grew
The heart of the earth
From him to you.

Paint dripped fingers
Dark blue cream
Reach'd extended away,
Fully grasped sequential delivered
Yet meaningfully gleamingly
Squandered for play.

"Why do you fall when I held you so dear,"
'Twas earth who asked floating in whispers
So sweet were the tones
Entranced loving minds
In the hollow ghost cage's vespers!

His eyes searched in and over the hill
Colored vibrant behind snow white towers
Rested the feather
Blown from toe to shoulder
Barefoot and gloaming in flowers.

"I knew all of your dreams, The way that you laughed,"
Said he, humbly withdrawing forward;
"To see such a truth
In such a true path
Brings an end to an end,"
As he lovingly gracefully lowered.

Light had grown dim at the edge of the wood
Moonbeams knew not of these places
Where vines ghostly dance
With chalk fairies covered
Fevered unbound
His heart's most natural graces.

----------


Whatever Tree



Whatever Tree
Makes you think

Of those vines
In the creek

Where the heart of
The poet ceases to beat

From the silence of mind
And it's shuffling feet

Covers her spirit
To bring endless sleep

Whatever tree
Makes you think

Seek considerate smiles
For a dance
Dance for me

Whatever tree
Makes you dance

Thru the night
Under fence

Lightly tread
Through secret plans

Forest fires in
The grasp of their hands

Lily sprites flutter
Over hidden lands

Allowing the river
And his most sacred man

Of that moon
A quiet dance

Whatever tree
Makes you think
Whatever tree
Makes you dance

Allow the heart
To deliciously sink

Naked in waters
Forever entranced.

----------


For the Ghost Children





Lying, swept upon dark cut grass
Stretched in repose beneath twilight
Ghosts of a thousand echoes remind
Her rose-covered ears of
childhood ne'er
forgot.

The recollection is saved yet unwelcome
For time heals but never forgets
What makes a person who they are
or were
Through the riverbed into the heart of her ghost
Waves tremble before her again
To remember the boat sent under
'Neath glittering moonlight
"Neath the waves below
Under silt laced with rocks
She waves unknowingly, slowly
To the Dark, Dark light above.

Comments