Weddings and a movie


Weddings and a movie
Originally uploaded by studiosound.

Jes and I have been pretty busy this week.

We've gone to a gigantic bonfire where we had a chance to perform ancient Arabic prayers to God in the light of sparkling fire. It was such a spiritual moment. Bruce and Basira were the ones we went to visit, we ended up making alot of fun of the night. Bruce even recorded some live material of Autumn Shade's, and gave us a copy. It is some great stuff and we're hoping to get it ready for releasing soon.

Later in the week we visited Captain for preparation for today's film shoot. After that, we went down to riverside and walked on the beach. The sand was littered with all kinds of interesting rubbish, like car shocks and wheel bits and metal scraps. I loved it, it reminded me of Planet of the Apes. Down on the beach I found a rain pipe exit tunnel on top of some concrete. I went up and said "Hello!" The echo reverberated wonderfully. I asked Jes to come up and sing, she was a little quiet her first sing-song, so I had her do it again.



In her most operatic voice she sang out. I listened.

"Laaaaaa-laaaaaaaaaaa........echoing......."

"Hhrmrrmr" the tunnel rang back.

My eyes opened wide. "Did you hear that?"



Just then from within the tunnel a tremendous BOOM BOOM BOOM (like huge footsteps!!) echoed from the hole and we ran up the hill so fast it was incredible. We stopped just shy of some huge poison ivy plants where I then had Jes hop on my shoulders so we could both escape!

The only thing I could guess is a homeless guy was sleeping deep inside as it was pretty hot outside. Must have been sleeping. I asked Jes to dare me to go and try to talk to him but she didn't, alas! Haha



This weekend was pretty packed. We went to two seperate weddings for our friends. Everybody gets married around us these days! The first one was Don and Chelsea. They are intelligent, free people if you don't know them. We actually visited Don when we went to San Fransisco on the long road trip. Remember that? He was in the scariest part of SF, with crackheads-a-twitching all around us. We had to park a mile away from his interesting apartment....Anyway! He's back in Tulsa, going to school at TU to be an insanely smart hipster.

Back to the main story. We got to go swimming in their section of Spring Creek. Clear ,cold waters and a few naked bodies rounded out the wacky vegan evening. For the actual wedding on Saturday, we were the official photographers. Jes and I aren't too shaby in that realm as we both get paid to photograph people. Jes shot film and I shot digital. The wedding was fast enough and the reception went until nearly midnight!

The next day we went to support our long-lost friend, Michael, aka redmyse. He lives in Arizona and now, so will his wife. They are both nice people and we ended up dancing and having fun as the non-photographers of the night. We got to see all kinds of old friends at both of the shindigs.



A City Planning meeting also happened for us. We had to stop over-developing near Jes' house. They wanted to re-zone the woods behind her house and turn it into yet more boring houses like all of the others. The problem with that is there is a floodplain back there. It is a huge creek and that is just unresponsible development. So we made up about a hundred flyers and passed them around the neighborhood. We were hoping SOMEONE else cared about the area. Turns out there were three other groups rallying together and nearly forty people showed up! FOX 23 came on down and...we..actually...stopped the zoning. DENIED! Yay. Round one for the good guys! Jes' dad David ended up on the news and all rejoiced.



The Talent Show

A few nights ago we also visited Drew and friend for a talent show. Jes performed some awesome songs. Other friends made some well done poetry and music. We know such talented people and that really inspires me! I ended the evening with some Shaespeare and Smee getting together for some crazy results! I also drew a really creative piece I'll be uploading to my imagery section real soon!



So now today, we went to help my friend Captain Adam Chambers with his film. We went to tall grass prairie, as did Fae. I shot an important scene involving two of Fae's characters, Mother and Phoenix. It was so incredibly hot, dusty, windy and fun! I ended up falling asleep on the way back and drooling on myself :) More Captain filming this next week before they (Captain and Fae) move up to Seattle and their future!

We're intensely figuring out where to go for a month or two. We;ve got about a week to come up with something so we can get tickets!

Do any of you have recommendations for us to go? We're looking for cheap and adventurous, and if you know us, we're not afraid of camping or roughing it as long as we have fun!



Hope everyone has a great week.

Snoweyes

Comments