My nostrils smell like Gypsy


Shot ^ about a week ago. Ain't it nice...

Oh yes, I just got back from the Gypsy coffee house and I'm still high from the experience (almost literally from all the smoke). As you know, they asked me to paint as a featurette kind of thing, and I pulled it off pretty well. I attempted to paint two pictures at the same time. I've still got to work on one of the works, but I finished up one quite nicely up there in front of those crazy people. I had fun!

After the painterly works, I talked to my friend Claire and her pre-hubby Eric. We went on about the stories of relationships and videogames... We had a really good chat.

I like seeing art being made by others, so I loaned Eric my nice watercolour set after he talked about wanting to create more art to release his energies. He had such a happy look in his face. Even said, "you don't know how happy this makes me!" I'm glad I could do something nice for somebody!

Later, a friend of theirs, Francis (sp?) came and we all got to talk about art and creating art and even a little bit about being crazy. Apparently Francis has an art space he's making at his new house here in West Tulsa. I find I know alot of people in West Tulsa, me being one of them as well. It's cheap, a lot of land and it's near the highway!

I'll try to upload some pictures of my paintings tomorrow.

Oh and people are talking about having me as a 'reglular' painter down on Tuesday nights. That sounds like fun! I'll be painting or making art for the masses, that should be a nerve-wracking good time for my brain. Now I get to figure out some neat art to create. I won't limit myself to painting, though I've been on a kick for a while. What a great time for making art!

At work, I've finally been upgraded by the district, signed and all that, so my hours should be more regular now, which means insurance, comp time, dental, an office and fancy-pants frikkin' laser printer, and all kinds of other silliness for Derick. I'm the 'photojournalist/programming director' for the station now. Sounds like a good title! Basically that means that I am the overlord of loading tapes. But bigger, faster and stronger! Rraawr! Smash!

Oh and hi Francis! I hope I speeled your name right :)

Comments

Snoweyes said…
Oh and I was almost high from all of the turpentine I used on the paintings...heh