A day in The Life

A Day In The LifeA Day In The Life
Derick here again with news that I'll be painting as a featured artist at the Gypsy Coffee House (directions) (info) this coming Tuesday, September 20th at around 8:30 or so...
Be there or be square! I plan on creating some big paintings! Yes, painting(s). Two. At the same time! Ambidextrioso!

The images above; I took snapshots of me while I was on Riverside here in Tulsa. I was feeling particularly inspired and snapped some of what I write in my journals. Nothing too juicy, but feel free to decode my texts...

Today I went to a huge garage sale in Broken Arrow, packed with deals that I didn't buy since I have enough junk in my world to make a tower to the Moon, but it sure was fun to talk to the people and look at toys for my eyes!

Tonight I was in the Drunkard, and will be taking next weekend off, followed by yet more Drunkard for a special presentation. Tonight I recieved lots of good words about my interesting use and characterization of Frank, the young lad in the play. Basically he's a very good kid who goes down the toilet and I really take him there in style! I have a lot of fun with the part I've been playing off-and-on for three years!

My life-changing epiphany happened a little over three years ago, when I decided that I could do whatever I really wanted to do (in positive ways) without some artificial fears placed upon me by my own pshyche and who knows what else. I have conquered so much and still I am happy to say I've got lots more to do! I am proof that any one can be whatever they want to be.

I thank the Spotlight for being one of those vital steps on the path of my life. It brought me back into the acting world. Heck, into the living world! I'll tell you there is nothing like the release of my spirit through acting and becoming a character free of my own boundaries for that time on stage or on camera...

So much has happened since I took the chance to become who I wanted to be.

After all, I was an exponent of the sad equation back then. Nobody felt more directionless than I. I had nothing going for me, I was living in a corner of a back room of a city I ran to - to get away from myself. I finally decided to stir myself up and run to where I'm supposed to go! I have crawled back up the ladder of life and I am so grateful for what I've got and will do in the future! It's not about monetary gain or social gain. It's about gaining my spirit. Gaining my guts. Achieving goals for myself. Going out into the world and flourishing by God! Yea!

....Must go to bed. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Derick

Comments