Photo Shoots and Saint Louie Misadventures


On a photo shoot in Broken Arrow
Originally uploaded by studiosound.

How is everyone doing this fine Tuesday? I'm in a slow spell at work, so I though I'd write a little bit about my week.

I went on a photo shoot with Jes yesterday in Downtown Broken Arrow. For how fast BA is growing, the downtown is basically just abandoned old buildings and a grain silo. I do like all of the old, dusty textures it provides for me and my camera.

I've got a lot more pictures, but I'm going to limit how many pictures I upload per day, just so people will notice them as they trickle in on Flickr. The last time I did a big photo dump hardly anyone viewed the first pictures I uploaded. So come by every few days and look at the new stuff!

Jes and I got back from Saint Louis Sunday night, and we had a huge, fun trip filled with adventure. We came down to see Billy Corgan, who we got plenty of pictures of. Do you even know who Billy Corgan is? Remember a little tiny rock group, The Smashing Pumpkins? Well, he was the front man, who has had some projects since SP ended a few years back. He is on a solo tour right now, and he played Thursday night. And it just so happens, he had one of the best shows at the one we were part of according to his bandmates. He performed three encores, and then came out, shook some hands in the audience, then talked to us all about how much he enjoyed this show. He wrapped up, telling us that he would be back in Saint Louis to play at the 'mega dome,' crushing us with his metal! That, of course alludes to how he is actually reforming Smashing Pumpkins! I can't wait for that!

After the show we were dead tired, but it seemed that every room in town under a hundred bucks was taken. A convention or something was happening. So the first night we made a home at the local Wal-Butt Supercenter. Thanks Wal-butt!

The next day we decided to see everything that old town had to offer. We checked out the big arch, the old Train Depot, and all of the neat Downtown shops. St. Louis is a big, beautiful town just filled with character. Too bad nearly everyone we met were jerks. I'm not kidding! Save for two people, most everyone we met were in a pissy mood. No wonder that town is the home of the Blues. No one's nice or happy about anything. If St. Louie were devoid of people it would be a better city...

Oh yes, I also may have seen a dead guy. I saw some people in medical outfits working around something. Jes didn't see anything because I told her to stay behind an entrance that led into the Train Depot Mall. I moved around to see those medical types standing over a bald black dude who looked pretty much like a heap of man. Nobody was touching him, but I made a point to not look for very long. So I don't know for certain, but it wasn't a good thing for anyone! Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Saint Louis is a nice place -- it is a really beautiful place -- but it seemed a little off-kilter for me every day that I was there.

At the end of that night, we discovered that not only were there no rooms available, but every camp site was booked. So, yet another fun-filled night at Wal-Bottom! On the plus side, the lot was much nicer than the screaming-kid-KOA or the extra-slimy-Yogi-Bear campgrounds we didn't stay at. Our spot was free, private, quiet and nature was just on the other side of my car window.

Did you even know you could stay at Wal-Mart? It's true! Any 24-hour store lot that doesn't have a 'no overnight parking' sign can be slept in if you are traveling from one stretch of the U.S. to the other. They even have roving security to make sure you are safe! Good stuff.

Well, the morning after we decided that we'd had enough of one big city, so we started off for one of my favorite places. Branson, Missouri! Home of Silver Dollar City! It's a stark contrast from the bustling world we left the day before. There was plenty of Camping in much nicer places. Our spot had a great view of the Ozarks. We both have season passes, so it was an inexpensive excursion. We listened to music, ate chocolate-covered strawberries and played in a short rain spell. Jes even played some new material with the Homestead Pickers, friends of ours who play in the theme park nearly every day.

We ended up spending two days in Branson, and two days in Saint Louis. Both were fun, and I got to test out my new car. It performed perfectly. I'm still in awe of nice and smooth and inexpensive was to buy.

Tonight I believe I'm going to the Gypsy. And if I can find anyone to go with me, I'd love to finally go and see The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy later this week, probably Thursday. I loved the whole series of books and it's at the dollar movies, which means I can afford it! :)

I also have the Drunkard this weekend and practice Wednesday, so my week is almost booked. I'll make sure to have a good time with every day. Maybe some more painting is in order!

Well, have a good night everybody.

Comments