Story of the Day....


olden goldie
Originally uploaded by studiosound.
Above photo..I am an actor, and I go out in public like that...


..So I was at Wal-Butt this morning to change the oil out of my mom's car. First thing that went wrong: I left my Card in the ATM machine. Argh! Bright side: I was right next to the Wal-Mart bank and took out enough to last the week it should take to get my stinkin' card back.

That done with, I walk down to get my food at McButts inside the SuperCenter. As I walk, I see this guy looking at me very strangely. Having come from LA I used the 'don't pay attention and move along' approach, when he approached me.

'..Excuse me, but I need to ask you a question,' he started up.

Is this guy asking for money? Inside Wal-Mart? Geez, never go to Wal-Mart again, I kept telling myself.

But he kept talking, so I let him finish.

'I saw you and I thought I recognized you as my friend from Florida. He works at Disneyworld and plays Peter Pan...'

My eyes brightened up. Peter Pan!

'I thought he was you, but you look a little younger than I remember, so I called up my wife and asked if my friend had a brother,' he went on, excited. 'You aren't by chance his brother, because you are his spitting image!'

It's a funny thing. There are now four people I know in this world that seem to look exactly like me. One has a twin brother. And another works at a book store. There is also a large black man somewhere on the internet with the exact name, Derick Snow, who's girlfriend tried to convince me to join in on their relationship... So this doesn't surprise me. But Peter Pan? I played Peter Pan last year!

I tell him about my personal Pannery and his eyes go swirly. He is amazed and starts lauging and we shake hands, introduce ourselves and go on our merry adventures.

I've been told I'd be a great Peter Pan at a Disney attraction. Tokyo Disney would be pretty cool, and I'm crazy enough to do it. Anyone at Disney reading this? :)

Also, tonight Jes and I were invited to play with our friend Missi and her group down at Utica Square, where there was a cover band for Beatles tunes. Other than the music, the times were great! Afterwards we went looking for a friend John's house, which we found after looking and getting lost. There we went swimming, I in two pairs of boxers (tiny!) and Jes in some jersey/short combination. Fun fun times.

in other news...
I recently was asked, 'How can I contact you personally?'

email me:
derick(at)snoweyes.com
replace (at) with @

I don't like spam is all. Send me queries and your messages of inspiration!

It's late! Bed time!

Comments