Life in LA


Life in LA
Originally uploaded by studiosound.

We're in LA.

Here's a photo of us in the car somewhere infancy-pants LA...

I kind of enjoy it here, but only so much I can handle. Jes, on the other hand, is just about ready to say adieu to the land of the west in favor of recording in Tulsa for a few months. Can't blame her really. I plan on heading back as soon as I'm done with the show. That's the plan for now. But if there's one thing I've learned on this trip: everything changes.

I left Tulsa wanting to see what else is out there for me. So Jes and I packed ourselves into a 1977 Toyota Corona. Tiny, but we were leaving regardless of reclining seats or legroom :)

So we ventured off to Arizona first, with hopes of flying through California, Northward into Oregon and into Washington and Canada.

Well, a week into LA and Jes already had an agent. What was God's plan for keeping us here? We both took work as extras. Jes got a few commercials, and money for our trip. I couldn't find an agent willing to sit down with me, and I wouldn't talk to those who wanted money from me upfront before I get the gigs... So I found one cattle call audition on www.craigslist.org and went in line with hundreds and hundreds of others, making the callback nearly four weeks later. So then I got the gig, practically. So now I'm settling in for this trial by myself. At least I've got Jes for my Birthday. After that, who knows. I won't sweat it. I'll just get ready to work my buns off to stay for the pilot.

Well, that's that.


Comments