I'm on! (Yahoo Group)

So where was I?
Oh we went up to a place called Loch Lomond for a few days to refresh ourselves with a great friend...Then I found out I got the pilot! Well, almost. Out of 1500 people it's down to 18 people. Now they need to cut the list to 15 and they'll be ready to write scripts around us. So I have to be in the area for two months, then in November the show shoots. I still don't have an agent, but I've got a a show! Funny? Yuppers.
So now I've got to get a job. And an apartment. I'm thinking San Diego. I'd appreciate any help out there if you know any people in that area! Also, I'm really low on money until I get that job. I'm not demanding, but if you've got 5 bucks it sure would help me out in the short term....

(If you want to send money, copy the below code into your browser and hit enter)
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=mail@d-snow.com&item_name=Derick%27s+Adventure+Fund&cn=Send+a+Note+%3A%29&tax=0&currency_code=USD

Thanks guys and keep sending me messages!Derick

(a note: Bill is one of my writer friends in Tulsa, who would frequent a cool coffee house Gypsy)

From Bill:
Subject: Glad you are on!

Sounds like the adventure continues, Derick. To fly one always has to leave the nest.

Me, I'm going through some changes. Not thrilled about living in a shelter, but at least it is in Kansas. Many times, I think of my friends in Oklahoma and wish I were there. People were generous with their time and resources. Here, at least,I am getting food stamps and in Lawrence they actually have soup kitchens! To eat or not to eat was the question in Tahlequah. Will you be able to make ends meet in CA?

Other issues among the homeless here: schizophrenia, crack, alcohol. Me? Anxiety, depression, trauma. I cope and learn from this new and exciting ?experience :>)

Hope you are expanding your horizons too.

Sounds like it! Peace, Bill Sims.

Comments