Hey all (Yahoo Group)

I am in a place for two weeks. Yay I'm not on the streets :)

I'm actually doing a show called "Critics' Corner" come November, when it shoots. In the meantime, I'm doing extra work and meeting with the producers of the show once a week to work out skits for the show and all that Jazz.

I was at a get together for actors and those interested in God called Going Deeper, where I was last night. There are some really neat people there that have some good energy. I haven't been to anything so interesting in Tulsa. I was talking to my friend Lucas and I mentioned about the show I'm doing, and he actually knew more about the show than I did. Funny how news travels so fast in Hollywod!

Today I got to be an extra in a show called Desparate Housewives. i got up at 5:45 and arrived a little late, but no matter ;) I was a "Soccer Buddy" for the show, we played soccer practice for the scene, then I convinced the Director to put me up from for a bit of impromptu waiving, with my little face up front for a shot! Neat, yes? The show hasn't aired yet, so look for it! It was funny, most of the extras had no concept of Soccer. I suppose that's why they got into acting and not sports!

For dinner I ate some Trader Joe's Mahi Mahi. Let's talk Trader Joes. It is the finest grocery store in the United States. Cheap, CHEAP organic foods that taste grrreat! I understand there's a TJ's near St. Louis, so if I ever get back to Tulsa I'll take a little excursion from time to time.

Well, tomorrow I'm playing a Physics student in a TV show as an extra, so I'll let you know how that goes.

Oh yes, I put a few more photos in the July and beyond folder in the pictures section of the site. Enjoy.

(note: Jeff is a friend of mine who performed in the longest running production in the U.S., The Drunkard. He also works on pictures in Tulsa)

From Jeff

Subject: Re: Hey all

I glad to hear things are happening for you. I'm anxious to read more about this pilot you're doing.

On the extra stuff, how are you getting this without an agent? Is there much of this kind of work out there?

Comments