Back from a busy day....


Jes on camera
Originally uploaded by studiosound.

Here's what today's picture is about: A few months ago, Jes was photographed by, well, a photographer for a documentary book he was making. He was just so interested in her story of us living on the beaches of Malibu that he just had to come and see for himself. That, of course, led to him hearing her CD, him loving it and giving it to a VERY well-connected manager, and now Jes is on the way to becoming the next Tori Amos, (but much more beautiful!!!)... Derick here again, back from being an extra on a little show called "Scrubs." I don't know when it airs, but I got to do a double take to the camera. I play a medical intern (I look good in scrubs, by the way) in that particular scene, so whenever the main guy with the big nose gets to be the "Co-Doctor in Residence" or something like that (as the Janitor puts the title on the door), look for me then. May I say that Jes should be easy to spot, what with her cute scrubs with frogs and heart and colors. I wanted to taker her away into a dark corner of the waiting area and kiss as real hpspital interns do :) man was she ever cute. I never thought I'd be so attracted to such an interesting outfit! Tee hee.
I also was outside in the park during a softball game being with wonder ful Jes, we played a couple walking across the park, it was easy for us to do!...No wonder that show is #1 on NBC right now. Everyone running the show there is super-nice from the ADs to the Director to all of the stars. Nearly all of 'em came up to me at one point and said something to me...Plus the catering is great! T-bone steak and super salad? Yippee! Yesterday I took time off from being an extra and just had a fun time finding out about my surroundings in Glendale. I must say, this is probably the best part of LA for me. Not too stuck-up like Beverly Hills, but near lots of neat things, as well as close enough to Hollywood not to take that crazy set of highways here. I swear, if you have to take the highway in LA, it takes a minimum of an hour to get anywhere. So live in Glendale if you can afford it. Derick approves! Guess what I'm doing tomorrow? I've been booked as a stand in for a show called "Clubhouse". For a 15 year old boy! Har dee har har that amuses me. The only agency I'm working with (Central Casting) actually called me up to play the part. Hopefully if everything goes well I'd be a regular stand-in. What does that mean? Well, I'd get a SAG voucher every time I did it (get three and you can join SAG for a mere $1500), plus it pays a hell of a lot more than doing extra work (about $120 or so, maybe more). I was apparently the only one in all of LA who looks like the body of this little fellow. Isn't that cute?
Jes got a care package today!!! With cooookies! And nice smelling lotions and such! Thanks Jes' mommy! Now that we're in a semi-regular place, we can get such goodies now :)
Also tomorrow, Jes will be at the homestead cooking up some tasty new songs for her new album...check out her website to listen to and buy a CD or 20. Her music is some of my favorite, I though that even before I fell in love with her!
Jeff questioned me yesterday about that other abandoned park I visited. Since I want to keep it a secret to me (I don't want loads of people discovering it), I'll just say it was in Arkansas somewhere in the woods! Ever heard of Dog Patch? I have no idea what you are talking about...But we did get camcorder footage and film photos when we visited.
I think I'm visiting Oklahoma in October, so that'll be fun. Until next time.


Comments